Friday, February 20, 2009

Home

my favorite time of the day is sitting in my bedroom right before i go to bed. i light my candles even if its only for 10 minutes and sit in my bed. i have such an appreciation for where i live and what i have. i'm so thankful for everything that i have. i live a blessed life and am proud of everything.

I live in a house with my best friend (Jillian) which we talked about doing for such a long, the fact that we actually made it happen still amazes me. our friend Christine is our other roommate and i guess that you could probably call Sam (Jill's boyfriend) our 3rd roommate because he is here so much. we have fun and laugh on a daily basis..who could ask for more? our house is perfect especially for the area that surrounds us. we some how stumbled upon this cute little house that is hidden down in a little hillside that hides us from the rest of the world. my room is small and cramped but at the same time i love it. i'm constantly struggling to find a place to keep something.. but some how i manage. we have our tough times and we have moments that we don't get along but at the end of the day we seem to figure it out.

I proudly pay my own rent and bills (except for car insurance and cell phone bill). sometimes its not exactly easy and i'm scraping to get by. and don't get to do things for myself that i wish that i could. i haven't bought myself new clothes in forever, which i desperately need, but for the most part i'm ok with that. neither of my brothers by the age of 20 were living in a nice house supporting themselves. we all took seperate paths and i think that the paths that we have taken really represent who we are as people.

when i moved out of my parents house i honestly thought that i would spend way more time at their house then i have. i really haven't gone home very much over the last 4 months. i've gone home for holidays and stayed home a few days over each holiday. i thought that i would miss my mom alot more then i do... trust me i miss her.. you can ask jill.. i talk to my mom on the phone probabley more then anyone else talks to there mom. i just thought that i would be homesick more. but the longer that i live here the more that i realize that this is really becoming my home. when i'm at my parents house.. i get to a point when i'm ready to come back to my house. i've really learned that i like having my independence.

No comments:

Post a Comment